Let Social Media Make Your Job Search Easier
The right "social media strategy" can be crucial for the outcome of your job hunt. Here are three rules for success. There are many more, but these will get you off to a good start:
- If you haven't done so yet, get active on the social media network that is used for business in your industry and in the country of your search;
- Highlight your qualifications and professional expertise, make yourself known as a resource for others.
- Publicly "share" only what you won't be embarrassed about in a job interview. Remember: recruiters and hiring managers use Facebook, too!
Two examples how you can use social media in connection with the Germany-USA Career Center:
- the multiple-choice tests on our Questions & Answers pages: if you are satisfied with your results, let others know by sharing your results.
- Your Position Sought ("Stellengesuch") advertisement: it includes a field to link (optional) to your professional profile on LinkedIn™ or XING™, or to your CV on your personal homepage.
Did you know? Your personal Career Adviser can optimize your professional social media profile to better serve your career goals:
Link / Source