Posted: 08/02/2017Stellengesuch - Seeking Position:
IT Solution Engineer and Consultant - Fascinated with Information Assurance / Cybersecurity
I'm about moving my career towards IT Security and seek opportunities as Solution Engineer/Consultant (or similar), ideally within an American organization which is interested in establishing/expanding business activities in Germany and/or the EU.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
• 20+ years experiences covering all phases of the life cycle. Mainly looked after IBM/Lotus Notes/Domino, but also covered adjacent topics, such as platform and network support, processes, security, training, guidance, consultancy etc.
• 10+ years service in an US pharmaceutical corporation with about 60000 seats globally
• Advanced experiences in operational support with an exemplary analytic mind-set
• Proficiency in providing strategic advisory and turning requirements in to solutions
• Quick understanding of all kinds of systems in a self-managed, self-taught manner and adaption of required skills
• Advanced agile development and application design experiences
• Focus on compliance, quality and security
• Knowledge about and strong interest in working with NIST SP800s, DISA STIG's, CIS Controls, ISO 27000s, BSI Grundschutz etc.
• Skills in technical writing, knowledge sharing and teaching
• Enthusiasm about contributing to global organizations and virtual teams
• Strong loyalty to U.S. interests, German national, though
I'm following two STRATEGIES to move on and look for:
#1 - Assignments with vendors or service providers of IT Security solutions, e.g. to design, roll-out and support of products and related services such as intrusion prevention and detection systems (IDS / IPS), firewalls, secure networks, security information and event management systems (SIEM), content filtering appliances, anti-virus solutions, access control management tools, authentication/encryption systems, etc.
#2 - Assignments within organizations which are about to improve and/or need to adjust their IT Security processes to align US standards with EU/German standards, including tasks such as service/product evaluation, general guidance and raising security awareness, gaining knowledge and experiences in risk assessment, disaster recovery, business continuity, incident response, as well as methods and best practices to conduct forensic investigations.
• CompTIA Security+ CE
• GIAC Certified Forensic Examiner (GCFE)
• IBM Certified Advanced Administrator – Notes/Domino 9
• ITIL Foundation Certification in IT Service Management
• Qualify for certifications such as CISSP, CISM, CISA
• Enhance knowledge within the SANS/GIAC series.
• Become a trusted and recognized resource within the field
Desired START DATE:
October 2017 / FY18
I appreciate your time and consideration and look forward having a conversation about an exciting opportunity.